Last outfit post of this year! What I wore yesterday for a walk in the park. It's not really cold yet over here in Holland, so I can still wear three quarter sleeved leather jackets without getting a cold.
I was busy playing a new silly game on my phone (Hay Day). I almost never download games, only the ones everyone seems to be playing. My brothers, Mart and even my father were playing this farming game during Christmas so I decided to join the club. So that's why I was walking with my phone (I really needed to harvest my wheat ;).
Thanks for a good year, for all the lovely comments and for following me through Bloglovin', on Facebook and Instagram. Hope to see you again in 2014! Enjoy your evening tomorrow, drink some champagne but not too much (because we don't want to start the first day of a fresh new year with an awful headache) and dance till the sun comes up! xx
What are you looking at?
1. Wrapping Christmas presents for Xmas at my boyfriends place. Love to wrap everything in different wrapping papers and use strings and ribbons to top it off.
2. Some of the presents I got at our place. A beautiful blanket, gift cards for both Hema and Dille & Kamille (Dutch shopping mall and an shop with beautiful living stuff), French Vogue and a box Merci chocolates. Mart gave me a Chanel eyeshadow and mascara, because he knew I was in need of a refill :)
3. Gifts I got at Marts place. This beautiful wooden slice of an oak tree, soap, apron and oven glove. We also got a restaurant gift card and a few bottles of beer and wine.
4 & 5. We went to Sonsbeek Park this morning, for a quick walk. I was wearing my amazing velvet headband I got at Bartinki.
6. The presents under our Christmas tree. My parents and brothers came over to eat dinner with us and Mart and I bought everyone some presents!
Can't believe 2013 is almost over. I'm busy preparing a recap of the outfits I wore this year. How was your year? xx
I hope you had a great Christmas with your family and loved ones, I certainly had! The Sale has started and Net-a-porter also reduced many items this week. This is a list of items I would like to buy if I had the money and would be perfect for creating a New Years Eve look. xx
Givenchy Ruby sandals | Haider Ackermann skinny leather belt | Karl Lagerfeld Dinter leather dress | Kenneth Jay Lane Rhodium-plated earrings | Acne Azade paneled silk-organza top | Simone Rocha Tulle and lace skirt | Saint Laurent pointed Mary-Jane pumps | Marni Round frame sunnies | Acne Velocite shearling jacket
What are you looking at?
1. Christmas reindeer at our home.
2. A risotto I made last week, with homemade sun dried tomatoes (oven dried actually ;).
3. We bought a tiny Christmas tree last week and a few cute decorations, like owls and angles.
4. Another shot of last weeks outfit.
5. Cooking in our new kitchen, which is finally finished!
6. The ones that follow me on Instagram (@heritagemode) already knew I was going to paint our new wooden floors white. So here is a photo after I put the the first layer of paint on the floor.
7. Baked potatoes, tomatoes and homemade Kibbeh with rosé beer of course.
8. This year we decided to put our Christmas tee in a vase.
Merry Christmas! Hope you'll have a great time with your friends and family and see many great xmas movies and eat lots of delicious meals. Enjoy all the festivities! xx
I think my Christmas make up will be inspired by these smokey eyes! OK, the Chanel lace and the glitter one are definitely a bit over the top. But a pair of good smokey eyes can do no wrong, although I would rather go for a more subtle version. Are you opting for a party look this year? xx
HAY black scissors | COS white cotton tee | Stanley vacuum bottle | COS wool cashmere scarf | Areaware Hanno the Gorilla | COS black leather gloves | The Mr Porter Paperback | Bike ID white race bike | COS wool cashmere socks
Taschen 36 hours travel set | COS silver ring | Zuny leather elephant | COS cut-out leather necklace | Acne basic white tee | Bike ID pastel colored bike | Fashionology Triangle necklace | HAY wooden hand | COS grey shoulder bag
Some last minute gift inspiration for your boyfriend, your friend, mother, sister, brother, for you! xx
Todays look. Wearing my most girly coat, my oversized pink fluffy one. I spent my day learning for my last Danish exams and we also did some Christmas shopping. Still don't have everything we'll need yet, so I have to finish the whole shopping thing this weekend. xx
Coat: Asos | Lace sweater: HM Trend | Jeans: Levi's Curve | Booties: Next | Bag: Zara
Love some Christmas decoration when it's not too corny. I love the glass decoration in front of the window and the simple decoration in the branches. Have you fully decorated your house yet? xx
What are you looking at?
1. New items. Some other gifts I got during the Sinterklaas festivities!
2. My mother went to London and brought back a few presents :)
3 & 4. Details of last weeks looks.
5. Cold and foggy Arnhem resulted in shots like this one.
6. But we also had a few sunny hours as you can see at this one.
Lights.. Set.. Action! Testing the natural light inside our new house. I needed some portrait shots but after a while it was hard to stay serious. So I had a hard time not laughing and it resulted in goofy smiling photos. But I did like these two photos so I decided to share them with you guys. I'm now off to the city centre to drink some beers! Have a nice weekend! xx
Longsleeve: Maison Scotch | Beaded gilet: Maison Scotch
Todays attire, wearing my all-time favorite leather jacket. Although I wouldn't mind a long sleeve version, like this Acne one. It was quit foggy today but luckily not really cold. Mart and I both had a day-off and we have been busy all day with our bedroom (no not in but with ;) I know it sounds a bit weird). We bought a new French oak floor and put it in our bedroom today, so we were busy with sawing and that stuff.. Would be so happy if we finally have everything done! xx
Leather jacket: Dept | Shirt: Thrifted | Jeans: Wrangler | Necklace: Fashionology | Shoes: Dr Martens | Tote: Coming Soon
Above is the Christmas tree currently standing in our living room (which is still under construction). Last weekend we celebrated the Dutch Sinterklaas fest where it's tradition to draw lots and wrap your gifts with a surprise box. My mother had to buy me a present and decided to make this amazing Christmas tree as gift wrap, I think it's really beautiful. Secretly she had been glueing all these laths together during the previous week without anyone noticing. I really like this Christmas tree since I like alternative trees just as much as traditional ones. Thanks mom!
For those of you who are in need of some tree inspiration, I searched the web for some examples:
What are you looking at?
1 & 2. The first part of the Sinterklaas gifts I received. A few Dille & Kamille products, namely a beautiful scale, cake tins and other stuff. One of the gifts Mart got was this lovely herb garden propagator/grow box. I also got these amazing marble and concrete houses, totally love them!
3. Another shot of an outfit I wore last week.
4. My new Mason Pearson brush, Baptiste dry shampoo and beautiful rust colored Maison Scotch beanie.
5. Plants! xx
A lot of you probably now that the weather in Holland is unbelievably stormy today. There were many problems with the railway but I could luckily go home easily. I mean it wouldn't be the first time I would get stuck in Amsterdam due to bad weather. Wearing one of my favorite tops, a tie-dye long sleeve top and pulled my winter scarves out of the closet. xx
Coat: COS | Leather gilet: Maison Scotch | Top: Maison Scotch | Jeans: Diesel | Clarks: Clark Originals | Scarf: Maison Scotch
A small wishlist for the Dutch Sinterklaas festivities coming weekend. I have been busy packing gifts for family and friends today. While packing al those items I thought about the things I would like to get this weekend; underneath the Christmas tree or buy myself. What about the amazing Ikea cow print pouf, extremely large Ikea chandelier, flower shaped Asos earrings or gorgeous knitted mittens from Whistles. Have you ever seen the popular Proenza Schouler PS11 in this amazing camouflage print? (Ok I admit the cow print pouf and the PS11 aren't really in the right price range, but I couldn't resist putting them on my wishlist.) We're also looking for some old fashion cutlery. Since we are discussing kitchen stuff what about a white wooden Ikea stool or fun storage solutions like the wooden house shaped display boxes. Can't wait ;) xx
I'm sorry about the delay in posting a weekly. I normally post it on Sunday as a sort of recap of what happened during the week. But yesterday I had some visitors and it was monday already before I realized it ;) And sorry, in the middle of the night I rather prefer some sleep than the preparing of a post, haha. So here are a few photos I made last week. What are you looking at?
1 & 2. Mart got me the perfect gift last week: this amazing Mason Pearson brush. After seeing it by Hanna and Marjolein I already wanted one. Since my brush was still in ok shape I was in no need of a new one, so I never bought it. But lately my old brush started to loose pins and Mart remembered that I wanted a Mason Pearson one. He surprised me by giving me this brush but even more, he called the help desk so he was sure to buy the right one for my hair :)
3. The old situation.
4 & 5. The process ;)
6. The result! We bought a few new plants a while ago and already had one. It was about time to put them all in a fitting pot. We got some succulents, a bonsai, a money tree and an aloe vera plant. xx