Bought a new running jacket/sweatshirt last week. Here in Arnhem we have a specialized running store so naturally when I needed a new jacket I payed them a visit. Nike is my favorite brand when it comes to sport items, what brand do you prefer? xx
Yesterday I decided to bake some cookies, for the first time since months. I ended up making walnut-plum cookies, nom nom, nothing better than homemade ones. There are relatively simple to make, find the recipe below.
1. Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 degrees F).
2. Chop 100 gram walnuts in large chunks, cut 10 plums into small pieces.
3. Whisk together 125 g butter and 125 g light brown sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in an egg and add some vanilla sugar. Subsequently add 175 g flour, ½ tsp baking powder and batter along with a pinch of salt.
5. Stir in the walnuts and plums and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
6. Divide the dough into 8 portions and create dough balls (easier with floured hands).
7. Use a baking tray with baking sheet, put the dough balls on it and use your palm to flatten the balls into circles of approx. 8 cm.
8. Bake them for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This morning I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, finally. It's about time that some first signs of spring are showing. We've had some pretty awful weather lately; rain, hail, etc so I guess we are all longing for some better weather. That is why I decided to wear something pink, pretending it is spring already. Are you looking forward to sunny weather as well? xx
Coat: Asos | Knitted dress: New Look | Leather pants: Goosecraft | Boots: Zara | Hat: Vintage
What's better than treating yourself with loads of vitamins?
The past few days I've been pretty tired and felt my energy level going down, that's why I really needed a vitamin boost. Of course I eat my fruits every day but one can never have enough vitamins!! So here my recipes for an energy boost:
- fresh orange-grapefruit juice
- fresh lemon-lime tea
PS. Not only healthy but also really great in photo's ;-) Hello photogenic fruits!
As I already said yesterday, I bought something nice at bygitte. Here it is! A new felt + leather pouch that I'll use as a bag in bag to carry all kinds of things around. I have a shitload of stuff in my bag (pain killers, iPhone ears, band aid, notebook, fineliner, usb, etc) and therefore I wanted something to keep it organized.
Happy with my new purchase! What do you think of it? xx
Today I went to visit the shop-like showroom from Gitte. As you probably know I'm a huge fan of the leather handmade items Gitte designs. Both Mart and I have several items from bygitte, for example iPhone cases (here and here), belt, tube necklace, key chain and make-up bag (here, here and here).
When I saw on Instagram that she decorated the studio space it was time to check it out. She not only has many new designs, she has also added new leathers to her collection. Apart from the thick sturdy leather and felt, she now also creates products from buttery soft nappa leather and the finest suede. She is really building her brand!
If you are looking for beautiful leather items for yourself (also perfect as a gift for someone else) or your home, you should definitely take a look at what she is offering. From wallets, etuis, pouches, iPhone cases, tablet and macbook covers to baskets and pillows, there is always something nice to find. I'll show what I bought tomorrow, or can you guess already? xx
I cut the potatoes into cubes and had them in the oven for about 15 minutes. I chopped a red onion and a normal one into large chunks and baked them with olive oil, I also added slices of bacon and some chopped ginger. Serve it on top of fresh spinach, xx.