Ok for starters, I didn't bake a Valentines cake or anything. I just happened to have a heart shaped baking tin (yeah I don't no why either). Since I have no idea what Valentine exactly entails - other than love and hearts - I decided to add a photo of the tin to this post. Plus, I don't happen to have other heart shaped items at home so it had to be this tin.
So I was wondering how many people really do celebrate Valentines day. I mean in The Netherlands it has never been a big thing, however over the years it seems to have commercialized a bit. In the weeks/days before Valentine you can definitely buy lots of reds, hearts, love-related stuff you normally cannot find at the stores (not that I usually look for those kind of things).
Anyhow.. when I looked on Instagram this morning I saw many posts dedicated to Valentine's day. Which got me thinking, do people just post something because it looks nice in their feeds? Or is it because it is more popular overseas and due to social media we are more connected and take over others' habits (in this case holidays)? Regardless the reason, here is me trying to join this 'thing' by wishing you a great Valentines evening! xx
What I was wearing last Thursday. Love these cropped linen trousers, in fact I even bought a second pair because I was afraid that I would never find a replacement (+ they are very nicely priced). I paired them with my newest coat addition, a black one from COS that I bought in Aarhus. Enjoy your weekend, xx
Coat: COS | Shirt: Maison Scotch | Trousers: Asos | Shoes: Clarks | Scarf: Scotch & Soda
What should every girl need in her closet? Black leather shoes, lots of them. Thus I decided to show you guys my favourite ones and tell a bit more about each pair. All black, all leather, yet completely different. Here we go..
1. Next patent leather ankle booties. These boots are the ones I wear when my outfit seems a bit basic. Shiny black with a fun length and sturdy block heel always is a good idea.
2. Clarks. Desert boots are great and go with jeans, leather leggings and skirts, so the ultimate basic.
3. Fred de la Bretoniere lace-ups. Black lace-ups are easily worn with every outfit, but my ultimate favourite combination is with suit pants, as seen here.
4. Acne booties, 12 cm sturdy heels in which you can walk all day. Gotta love Acne booties! In addition they are just beautiful because of the buttery leather and nice cut.
5. Topshop fringed loafers. Bought these ones a while ago but since the weather is quite terrible I haven't had the chance to wear them yet. However they are obviously great for spring and summer, let's just hope that they aren't only good looking but that they are comfy as well.
6. Deena & Ozzy nubuck leather chelsea booties. Love the heel height and the matte black leather, they are quite anonymous (can you say that about shoes?), so if you have a nice top, jacket or skirt they don't steal the show.
What do you think? What kind of shoes are essential for you? xx