Homemade walnut-plum cookies
Yesterday I decided to bake some cookies, for the first time since months. I ended up making walnut-plum cookies, nom nom, nothing better than homemade ones. There are relatively simple to make, find the recipe below.
1. Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 degrees F).
2. Chop 100 gram walnuts in large chunks, cut 10 plums into small pieces.
3. Whisk together 125 g butter and 125 g light brown sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in an egg and add some vanilla sugar. Subsequently add 175 g flour, ½ tsp baking powder and batter along with a pinch of salt.
5. Stir in the walnuts and plums and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
6. Divide the dough into 8 portions and create dough balls (easier with floured hands).
7. Use a baking tray with baking sheet, put the dough balls on it and use your palm to flatten the balls into circles of approx. 8 cm.
8. Bake them for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.